Tuesday, February 12, 2013

In Question

I think today's events showed that i'm still angry.  
"Angry," used lightly in this case.

Were these events a call for rationality, for inner calm?  
But then again, what degree of rationality can be justly applied to this identity of mine-- one molded by a history with little appeal.  

Inspecting the delicate balance that exists in being African American, these days.  

Is there a parameter, is there an amount of sensitivity appropriate?  Do claims of "post racial society" invalidate the injustice I feel and see before my very eyes?  Or, are these things I "see," "feel" allusions?  An attempt to create a cause, to regard the past as a cheap glue--binding an African American community that wishes less and less to be united?

Change, time: blurring the lines and importance of Black solidarity.  Blurring the sureness within myself.  Or, have I to fallen prey to the facade?   Are they still bringing me, us, down without even trying?  

The anger, the questioning, new chains?
And yet, anger is a choice all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment