Saturday, June 23, 2012

Untitled Poem

Saturday 7:29 a.m.


He makes the sun stand on edge

Jealous of the light he so effortlessly creates

Like a solemn hymn, he puts my mind at ease

Unaware of the quiet he brings to my worries

He fills me with questions

Then nurtures my gladness in the same breath

He heals with soft words

And pursues my all with honest intentions

But, even still, my pace quickens

Because I feel the future in his voice, in his words

And my young eyes close to the rays of security his existence brings

Yet, as I lie here in the shadows of familiar walls

I reach past what is comfortable

What is programmed by this world

For I know that, above all, my heart is with him

And while I run

I suddenly realize,

that it is to him that my feet propel me

So with this, 

I run

No comments:

Post a Comment